Seven tips on how to stay healthy, mentally and physically, for law school finals.
1. Healthy Meal Prep. Make sure you have healthy snacks while you’re studying to keep your stamina up. Also, have some healthy ingredients on hand that allow you to make some quick meals during finals week. Healthy foods will make you that much sharper on exam day.
2. Breaks. Take a break from studying if you need one. You not only have the right to focus on your mental health, but you should. Do whatever you need to do to get your mind in a healthy space so you can make it to the finish line.
3. Sleep. All-nighters are very tempting, but getting enough sleep will be your saving grace. Your brain will have the energy to power through finals if you give it the sleep it needs. This is especially important in the weeks leading up to final exams; you don't want to be on the edge of breaking down during finals week because you've punished yourself during the weeks before.
4. Exercise. You don't have to run a marathon, but you do have to get your body moving. Going for a walk or running on an inclined treadmill is a great way to release endorphins and keep your mind and body happy.
5. Lessen Your Stress. You won't be able to de-stress completely, but finding healthy ways to reduce your stress is vital to a healthy finals week. Do what works for you, but choose healthy hobbies and activities so you're not creating stress for yourself later.
6. Supportive People. Carve out time to not only lean on friends. Surround yourself with positive influences and avoid talking to people who have a pattern of bringing their own stress into your life.
7. Eliminate Distractions. Social media, binge watching, dating apps. Go cold turkey during finals and the weeks leading up to finals. You don't need to go down any black holes, so simply delete them or put your account on hold until finals are over.